Skip to content
- The Department of Social Welfare was incorporated under the Ministers and Secretaries Amendment Act 1946. It was renamed the Department of Social Community and Family Affairs in 1997. It became the Department of Social and Family Affairs in 2002 and the Department of Social Protection in 2010.
- The Family Support Agency was established under the Family Support Agency Act 2001 in 2003.
- The National Pensions Reserve Fund Commission was established in 2001 under National Pensions Reserve Fund Act.
- The Office for Social Inclusion was incorporated in 2002 and absorbed back into the Department of Social and Family Affairs in 2009. The Social Welfare Appeals Office commenced in 1990.
- The Social Welfare Tribunal is an independent body adjudicating on claims for unemployment in relation to trade disputes and disallowance,
- The Pension Ombudsman is constituted under the Pensions Amendment Act 2002.
- The Pensions Board is constituted under the Pensions Act 1990.
- The National Traveller Accommodation Consultative Committee is constituted under the Travellers Accommodation Act 1998.
- The Citizens Information Board was formerly known as the National Social Services Board and exchanged for up to 2000 and Comhairle Act 2000 to 2007. It is constituted under the Citizens Information Act, the Combat Poverty Agency ceased in 2009 and was constituted under the Combat Poverty Agency Act.
- Comhairle was established under the Comhairle Act 2000 and became the Citizens Information Board in 2007.
- The National Council for the Aged was replaced by the National Council for the Elderly in 1990. National Council for the Elderly was replaced in 1997 by the National Council on Aging and Older People. The National Council for the Aged was incorporated in 1981.
- The National Social Services Council formed in 1971 replaced in 1981 by the National Social Service Board. The National Social Service Board was replaced by the National Community Development Agency in 1982. [The National Community Development Agency]
- The National Community Development Agency commenced in 1941 and its functions were transferred to the appropriate local government office in 1967.
- The Combat Poverty Agency provides advice to the Minister, research, action programs and public information on poverty-related issues.
- The Pension Board promotes securities of pension schemes, the development and general pension coverage.
- Comhairle is responsible to ensure citizens of access to high-quality information advice and advocacy on social welfare issues. It provides information and support services from a range of centres.
- The Family Support Agency provides a family mediation service, support, promotion, development of marriage relationship, family and community services, resource programs.
- The Office of the Pension Ombudsman investigates complaints relating to the maladministration of pension schemes. It was merged in the Financial Services and Pensions Ombudsman Office in 2017.
error: Content is protected !!